Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Remaining Incognito is Oh So Hard

When I began my blog I had little idea of the direction it would take me. Initially, I thought I would limit it to strictly educational matters. However, educational theory is not something I find terrible interesting. I tend to approach it with the same level of enthusiasm as I would say, cleaning out my kitchen stove. I also suspect most of my readers would have bailed pretty quickly on me had I stuck to this limited approach.

So where I am I going with this? My blog has definitely led to a few things that were pleasantly unexpected. Its nice to know that I can help prospective new Northerners out as I have been contacted by a few over the past few months to answer their queries. I have also had the chance to get an article published in a western Canadian periodical as a result of my blog.

But I was most excited to receive a friendly e-mail from the Faculty of Education back at my old alma mater in Windsor Ontario (GO BLUE!). An upcoming Faculty of Education publication will be aiming its spotlight on some of its Northern alumni and I was contacted to see if I would be interested in being spotlighted. My blog was specifically mentioned in the e-mail. (woo hoo!) It would be great to get my hands on a copy of the Fall 2007 issue of the magazine. Part of me is also quite curious to find out who the other Northern teachers from Windsor are. I know we must be a very small group. I'm only aware of one other lady who graduated from Windsor who was teaching in central Nunavut a few years back, but I believe she is no longer in that community.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to getting the questions for the article.

0 comments: