Friday, September 07, 2007

Polar Bear Dip!!!


Finally.....I can cross #7 off my life's "to do" list!




air temperature: +1.3C
water temperature: +0.6C

I thought I was past the age where testosterone clouded my better judgement and I'm not sure how I got talked into this but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. At least our little polar bear dip gave the small crowd of kids and recently-arrived tourists something to talk about.

Nine of us braved the waters of the bay for a few seconds of insanity - including 4 fellow staff members. Actually, I found it pleasantly warm once I ran back to the shore. I just wish I had shucked my snow pants before rushing in. At any rate, I do get a t-shirt out of the whole deal.

3 comments:

Kennie said...

Yes, we will have to make sure that we keep on Aaron to send those up to us :-) At least we're gonna get cool certificates from it.

btw - nice picture snagging (hehe)

Jen said...

I've done this twice now and every time I ask myself why? Next time I will be asking where my t-shirt is? LOL

Bonnieupnorth said...

Have done this in kugluktuk but not AB!