Thursday, May 24, 2007

Science Fair

This afternoon was our school science fair for Kindergarten to gr. 8 students. One particular project from the grade 4/5 class caught my attention. Based on the idea that women have a lower centre of gravity than men, the students set up a physical challenge involving kneeling on the floor with your hands behind your back. Then you had to bend forward and try to knock a small ball (set up on a glue stick) over with your nose. So it was men vs. women. For the record, I did try the challenge. I almost knocked the little ball over but lost my balance and had to catch myself with my hands.

I wasn't around to see the final results but I know that the ladies won by a fairly large margin. In defence of the "Y" chromosome, however, there were a few girls who found this challenge pretty difficult to accomplish too.



I found these write ups the kids did priceless!



2 comments:

Bonnieupnorth said...

That is hilarious!

Way Way Up said...

This project took second place in their age category but it was a winner in my book!