Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Proof of My "Tall Tales"



I caught this interesting sight at the end of the day while I was getting set for a soccer practice - a lumber mechanical giant slowly making its way across the bay ice. It's not the best picture since I had to get it quick before this behemoth disapeared behind some buildings. But I suspect there are times when people back home don't believe me when I tell them about the sea ice up here. So I had to get a little proof.

I'm not sure where this fellow was headed, perhaps across the bay to where the new airport is being constructed. At any rate, we hope to have an school outing tomorrow afternoon, taking the school bus out into Adams Sound to an iceberg. So this picture is good reassurance. If the ice can support this contraption then a school bus should be a cinch.

1 comments:

Bonnieupnorth said...

Doesn't Robert Service say something about " stranger sights " and you are proving it! Loved the church on the ice. I am hoping to get back this summer. BTW you can now leave comments on my xanga site.