Thursday, May 10, 2007

Man of Steele

Sometimes I really live up to my last name. My little year-end leave report was waiting for me in my mailbox at work this morning and I saw I have banked a pretty comfortable number of sick days (58.5 out of 60 allowable days over the past 4 years).

Thankfully, I've been blessed with good health. It's been almost 3 years since I took a full sick day. But I had a very good, and from a southern perspective, most unusual reason - I was snow blind. The story behind this really deserves a post of its own which I will leave for another time. Suffice it to say however, that in springtime, sunglasses are a very smart idea.

I'm hoping my good fortune lasts through the Victoria Day weekend so I can hit the 3 year anniversary of my last day off work. Perhaps I could celebrate the event by taking a day off.........

I also failed to mention that yesterday I ran into another fellow blogger from my side bar - Jennifer, I believe it was, from North of Nain. I probably had a pretty stunned look on my face when she introduced herself. Its pretty normal to bump into a lot of names up here. Meeting the face attached to that name is a fairly rare occurrence. Anyhow, she was visiting our school, along with a few other individuals from Nunavut Fisheries Training Consortium to discuss employment and training options with our high school students.

0 comments: