Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Getting Some Exercise

An unexpected day off gave me the opportunity to head out and stretch my legs. I decided to head up toward Victor Bay on the northern side of the peninsula. It's been way too long since I have been out there so I headed out with my camera just to see some views.

A view of my neighbourhood from about half way up the ridge.



Some views along the way.






Victor Bay. This is a popular place to set up camp and embark for points further north. The area is also frequented by polar bears and narwhals later on in the spring season.



A ribbon of road across the landscape.



The steep road down.





Here is another picture of the Anglican Church from Nanisivik, now safe on dry land by the breakwater.

1 comments:

c'est moi said...

Darcy,

Did my email get through to you? Just curious. Any update on the interview process?