Monday, May 21, 2007

A Blast From The Past

It never ceases to amaze me how small our world has become in this age of mass media. Normally I would decry how technological our times have become. Escaping the rat race of traffic, cellphones and other gadgetry was one of the factors in my decision to come to Nunavut.

The weather over this long weekend was just not conducive to outdoor activity so I must confess spending much of it indoors looking up old friends and acquaintances from high school and university on facebook.com. Its unbelievable the number of people I came across and how different everyone looks 15 years or so after our high school years ended. It's definitely been quite the nostalgic journey down memory lane. Shamelessly, I gave out my blog address so on the off chance they swing by here and peruse, I say a big hello to you all. I have an awesome location in mind for a 20th anniversary reunion if you don't mind a little snow and the odd bear.

1 comments:

Kara and Matt said...

I got hooked on it a couple of weeks ago... it sort of sucked me in over a weekend of bad weather!