Monday, April 02, 2007

More Time Off

In what seems to be becoming a familiar tune, our school was closed yet again today due to illness. This time we had 9 staff members felled by the bug. We are already short a grade 7 and grade 8 teacher due to resignations so it looks like we ran out of available substitutes to fill the need.

I must possess a magic bullet or have a horseshoe stuck somewhere because I feel perfectly fine. Its been frustrating with all the disruption in the schedule trying to get through all the material for my courses, but experience has taught me not to stew over what I cannot control. I certainly don't envy our admin having to track down 9 substitutes at 8:30am on a Monday morning. I've had to get subs in the past, but I only needed to find 2.

Speaking of administration, my principal let me know this morning that he's put in a good word for me at the board office. So I am just waiting for the positions to be officially advertised and then I will get my resume sent off. A big turnover will open up some good possibilities for me though I also realize that there will be many new challenges that come with this as well. But then again, I've never been one to back down from a challenge.

0 comments: