Sunday, April 15, 2007

Midnight

One of the (many) things that fascinates me here still is the long twilight periods we get after the sun sets. The sun set just after 10pm tonight but as you can see, there is still some light remaining at midnight. In about another 3 weeks the sun won't set at all here and we will enjoy 24 daylight for the next several weeks.

Here we have just a couple quick pictures of my housing unit and the bluffs to the north of town. (The little white dots are not snow. They just kept showing up in the several shots I took.) It was actually lighter out than the pictures show. I think my camera had a bit of difficulty with the light from the surrounding buildings and the -20C temps) but it gives you a bit of an idea of what "night" looks like this time of the year.



0 comments: