Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Going on a Little Trip

It looks like I'll be heading off for a few days to Arviat. I got a call from the board office this morning and they needed another person from North Baffin to go to a conference in Arviat. From what I know, the meetings have to do with junior high school curriculum development/implementation. I head out Saturday and return the following weekend. So I'm scrambling a bit to prepare for a substitute for 5 days. Its been 3-4 years since I've gone on a work trip for this length of time.

I'm really looking forward to this trip however. Even though I teach high school and the conference deals with junior high, I will go for the sake of continuity for next year since we expect a 100% turnover of junior high staff. (As well, I have the option of teaching grade 9 class in the fall which I am carefuly considering.) I'm excited to see Arviat and a bit of Rankin on the flight over. I haven't been to the Kivalliq before and opportunities to travel out for work when you are this far north are few and far between. I just wish I had a memory card for the digital camera. Getting a snapshot of Arviat in 10 pictures or less will be a challenge for this shutterbug.

0 comments: