Saturday, April 07, 2007

Feel the Heat!

The mercury is really starting to rise here. Spring is definitely in the air. Many people are out and about, taking advantage of our 16 hours of usable daylight we are currently getting. For the first time in almost 6 months I was able to ditch my big red parka and wear a lighter coat. This lighter coat was one I bought 5 years ago in northern Manitoba. In most places it would qualify as a winter coat but here it serves as my spring coat. The temps had cooled off a bit by the time I took the first picture below. It was actually in the neighborhood of -14C this afternoon. (For any American readers of my blog, -17C is about 0F.)



I can appreciate that most readers of my blog will not find this temperature reading anything much to get excited over. However, this was the temperature reading back on March 11.......


......so you can understand my excitement. Not that I mind the cold. I don't mind it one bit. But it still is a treat to feel the warmth of the sun on your face when you're out and about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find spring is more beautiful up North then it is down South.

Ida

Way Way Up said...

Most definitely!

Kara and Matt said...

We have you beat over here in the banana-belt of Nunavut! We had a windchill of -44C on Monday and today the temperature was +1!! Holy toledo was it ever nice. I love spring!