Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cheer Up Toronto!

Since I can pick up a couple Toronto-area t.v. stations here I can keep tabs on the goings-on in my home province of Ontario. After being pummelled with some nasty weather, it seems Toronto officials took the drastic, but necessary precaution of closing down part of the Gardiner Expressway to avoid having any motorists struck by large chunks of ice falling from the CN Tower. I can only imagine the traffic chaos resulting from the 24-hour closing of a major city artery. But I bet when commuters woke up this morning, they didn't see this.........


1 comments:

c'est moi said...

My wife and kids are actually back in the big, whiny O right now; just a short drive south of the biggest, whiniest T.O.! She, like you, is a veteran of the arctic and has compared the last couple days down there to the best blasts of winter we get up here. I just laugh and tell her she's getting soft!