Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Battling the Bug

Closed. Canned. Shutdown. Our school was without students for most of today and will be for tomorrow as well. We have a rather nasty flu virus making the rounds at the moment which has felled many students and a few staff members too. I have it a bit luckier than most by the sounds of things, just a minor cough and a distinct lack of energy this morning. I found myself sounding like a cheesy Barry White impersonator with my deep voice.

There seemed little sense in having so few students so the DEA made the decision at lunch to send the kids home. Hopefully, with an upcoming weekend and Monday being a staff day to work on report cards, the time off will give students and staff a chance to beat the bug.

So after finishing up a few things at the school this afternoon I find myself at home now, enjoying the views out my window and delighting in our bright sunny skies. In roughly 6 weeks we have gone from zero hours of daylight up to around 11 hours.

On a totally unrelated note, one of my students who won a gold, silver and bronze medal at the Canada Games agreed to bring them in once classes resume so I can get a look at them and take a couple pictures.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, I really enjoy reading your blog. Having the sun back must feel like christmas.