Monday, February 05, 2007

I'm Number 11! I'm Number 11!

In a spirit of shameless gloating I noted with amusement that I currently stand in 11th place in the hockey pool run by News North. News North, for readers unaware, is our main territorial weekly. The grand prize is a trip for 2 to an Edmonton Oilers game. I haven't really followed the Oilers since their 1980's glory years and I have doubts of making a game should I luck out and win unless they make it to the Stanley Cup Finals (highly unlikely...sorry Edmonton). I'm sure my current standing has more to do with luck than with good picking skills. (Witness the sorry state I find myself in in my hockey pool here in town.......2nd last). But 11th place out of 1490 entries isn't too bad for a hockey fan that can barely skate.

1 comments:

c'est moi said...

Gloat away there bud! Historically I have ended up at the top of the pools I wager on. This year, I am in dead last in one with my oldest buddies and second last at my school!