Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Bird's Eye View of Arctic Bay



I got messing around with Google Earth and thought I'd see if the satellite image of town had been updated. Turns out it has and I figured out through trial and error how to get a picture of it for a post.

So here you have Arctic Bay, likely taken back in the summer of 2006 or thereabouts when we had much more light than we do at the moment. (Slowly I notice changes in the duration of light each day as we creep toward summer solstice). If you click on the image you can see Inuujaq School (brown roof) just below the red dot. Its about a 10-15 minute morning walk in the morning, which I actually don't mind.....even in -30C.

If I start my diskman as I leave my house I can listen to the entire 3rd movement of Beethoven's 5th Piano Concerto with time to spare by the time I reach the door of the school.

1 comments:

Janine said...

Now that is cool - gives a whole new perspective on things.

Hope 2007 has been good to you this far!