Saturday, December 09, 2006

Qujannamiik Anonymous

As a follow-up to yesterday's post, I'd like to thank my anonymous comment poster for correcting my Inuktitut. I'm usually hesitant to write in Inuktitut though I know that with short phrases I'm usually pretty close 9 times out of ten. Turns out this time I was only off by a couple letters.

Inuktitut spelling has been butchered over the years by many a southerner so I am quite conscious of incorrect spellings (must be the teacher in me). However, I do like to use the language if and when I am able to. I hope that in some small way I can be part of the solution rather than perpetuating past errors. I do find that the more I use it, the more people help you out and correct you. So thank you anonymous. I did re-visit yesterday's post and corect my errors.

I'm hoping to take a week of Inuktitut language instruction this coming March and I was racking my brain on what I wanted to work on. So now I know I can add spelling to my list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your welcome. You'll never be able to learn if you don't make any mistakes :)

Way Way Up said...

Very true :)