Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Would I Make A Pretty Blonde?

Well, I have now done all I can do to be ready for the soccer tournament. All that remains to be seen is whether the weather will cooperate so we can fly out in the morning. We had one last good practice after school today. I combined both the boys and girls teams and I made an announcement that we would challenge any other students who wanted to show up for a match. I was impressed by the number of kids that showed up since I had almost forgot to make an announcement about the challenge.

We had a number of spectators and a few teachers come and watch. Some students wanted the teachers to join in but as they said "You guys are too good." I found the game was a good stress-reliever for the week and certainly everyone had fun.

There will be 3 other teams in the boys' age division and I'm toying with the idea of telling them I will dye my hair blonde should they make it into the finals. That is our goal for this year. Last year we were beat out in the semis so team members that were part of last year's team would love to improve on that.

The boys are excited to pick up the new soccer uniforms in Iqaluit. I'm looking forward to picking them up too. Our student council would like to make school t-shirts or sweat shirts and I'll be able to look into this in more detail when I go to pick up our uniforms. So I can kill two birds with one stone here. Some student council members are keen on getting a student canteen up and running which is something I know was done in the past. They also mentioned having a prom at the end of the school year. I'd love if they were able to pull it off. I'm confident in the group we have. Although I'm sure I won't be doing much dancing at a prom. It's not pretty trust me!

0 comments: