Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

The Halloween events our Student Council had planned this afternoon went off very well. Aside from a few hitches, I was impressed by the leadership shown by some of them. I was pretty worn out by the end of it but I definitely enjoyed it. The kids, especially the young ones, definitely enjoyed it.

I was leading a game of "Pass the Rubber Chicken" in my class and the grade two and three classes got so into the music and excitement they were literally jumping up and down and almost dancing. It was a riot to watch. I played Rossini's Overture to his opera William Tell (familiar to many as the "Lone Ranger" theme) so many times this afternoon I think I could now write out the first half of the opera by memory!

The big hit was our Haunted House, which we set up downstairs in the boy's culture class (in the south, this would be referred to as shop class). I'm not sure its such a good idea to use spaghetti and penne for next year as a lot of it ended up all over the place. But I had some good helpers stay after school to help clean up.

Best Costume - and I really regret not getting a picture - had to go to our Student Council VP. He was dressed to the 9's as a "geek scientist" as he called himself and actually did a very impressive Erkel imitation.

I got home after work around 5ish and kids were already ready and waiting at the door for me. I had a steady stream for about an hour until I was cleaned out of goodies shortly after 6pm. I had a good turnout of around 75 trick-or-treaters.

The apartment is quiet now and I can relax with a smile on my face after a busy but enjoyable day. Ah.....I love my job!

1 comments:

c'est moi said...

There is nothing quite like the satisfaction of a job well done and that is the vibe I get off your post. Thanks for sharing.