Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First Snow Flakes

At the moment I'm pretty much back into school mode. I'm still pretty tired at the end of the day since I'm not used to thinking so much. Or at least my brain has to think differently from when I was in "summer mode." At any rate, I managed to get the bulk of the marking I had to do out of the way and come up with a short test for my grade 12's. By now I have a pretty good idea of how to tweak my courses to meet the students' needs rather than slavishly getting through "the curriculum". I always like to come up with new and different ways of teaching a particular topic or concept and so far this year I find I have more time to concentrate on that rather than the more unsavory aspects of the job (meetings, photocopying, discipline).

I even managed to sneak in a quick load of mid-week laundry without running out the water tank. Whether I can still slip in a quick morning shower tomorrow.....well, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

The weather has been getting noticeably colder of late so I haven't been able to venture out as much as I would like. I managed a nice walk yesterday, if only just around the community. The wind makes it a tad uncomfortable to be out for too long. Perhaps I'm just "weak" from all that Ontario sun over the summer. At any rate, I had better toughen up soon since today I caught the first sight of some falling snowflakes.

0 comments: