Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Ship Comes In

Today we had our visit from our annual sealift barge. The town will be a hive of activity getting everything sorted out and stored for the year. If memory serves me correctly this will be the first of two ships that will arrive. At any rate, I got down to the shore to get what I thought was a pretty good picture. The ship remains anchored out in the bay while two smaller barges (like the one in front of the bigger ship) ferry everything onto shore.

I didn't put in a sealift order this year (I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all the pasta I ordered from 2 years ago). I was still looking forward to seeing the ship though as it means that the soccer nets that the recreation department ordered for our boys and girls soccer teams are here. Originally, they were supposed to arrive by air but our $156 nets were going to cost an exorbitant $1000 to be flown in. Yikes! At that cost I could probably mail myself home.

0 comments: