Friday, August 18, 2006

Frustration Thy Name is Canada Post

Leave it to Canada Post to raise incompetence to a whole new level. For the past 5 days I've been hiking over to the post office hoping to get all my summer bills sent away. And for the past 5 days, the post office has been out of its regular stamps. I'm not sure if its totally the fault of Canada Post. It could be First Air - but we've been getting flights in regularly as far as I can tell.

Apparently though, our Post Office has not received any stamps in awhile. Quite awhile - as in since mid-July awhile. When I heard this at first, I thought people were just pulling my leg but its turns out that a lot of people have had a lot of difficulty mailing things out. So I guess I can take some comfort in the collective frustration and misery.

Today I decided that one way or the other, my envelopes were going out. The only stamps left were $1 stamps so I ended up paying $2.13 to mail two regular-size envelopes. Ouch! Oh well, at least I won't rack up interest charges. And I can clear my desk of all that annoying spare change. A colleague of mine had it even worse as he had to fork out $11 to mail off a very small box. But like he said, when it has to go, it has to go and its going today.

Somehow, I doubt Canada Post will return my letters to me because of too much postage.

1 comments:

Treena said...

LOL! Baker Lake has been out of stamps for 3 weeks too! Gotta love the North!